Confronted by the immense power of natural forces, human concerns suddenly seem trivial.
At Banff earlier this summer, I had a moment with Nature. At the end of a short hike in Johnston Canyon, we came upon this waterfall. I almost did not draw it. It was the start of our long day, and I thought I should join the others and carry on. But the relentless roar of water attracted me. I could not look away.
In this drawing you see me push out of my comfort zone, i.e. the urban bubble that makes my lines and shapes so easy to conceive. Surrounded by trees, foliage, and rocks big and small, I challenged myself to get lost in the lines, to follow them wherever they lead. I am pleased with the result.
I hope you like it too. I hope this print will remind you of the awesome power of nature. I hope it will help you see your own troubles from a fresh perspective. And I hope it will encourage you to go out in nature more often.
I have purposely preserved the crease and all visible signs of this being a sketchbook drawing. I am proud of the circumstances of its creation. And I hope it will encourage you to keep a nature sketchbook as well.
Drawn with Lamy Safari fountain pen in a little sketchbook. Scanned in high res.
About this artwork
- Available in A3 / 11.7x16.5" (Edition of 10), A2 / 16.5x23.4" (Edition of 10), A1 / 23.4x33.1" (Edition of 10) including a border for easy framing
- Supplied with a signed, stamped & numbered Certificate of Authenticity for provenance
- Presented on acid-free, archival cotton Photo Rag Giclée paper with a chalky smooth finish, from Hahnemühle the world’s oldest mill who have been producing fine art papers for more than 500 years
- We recommend you to take care when handling this museum-grade print. Buying a pre-framed print will ensure your artwork is protected and ready to hang.
- Guaranteed archival life of 100+ years
- Carbon neutral, sustainable production, packaging and shipping
- Global delivery with tracked & insured shipping
Shipping and returns
Orders are dispatched within 3-5 days working days. Thereafter, they should arrive within 1 to 4 days to the UK/Europe, in 2 to 5 days to North America and 5 to 7 days for Australia/New Zealand. Other destinations may vary - please allow up to 2 weeks for delivery. Once your order is shipped, you will receive a tracking number via email.
Our printing company is 100% carbon neutral and all our packaging is environment friendly. Everything is either recyclable or biodegradable and that includes the stickers, tape, compostable bubble wrap as well as the frame edge protectors used.
Your artwork will be sustainably packaged and well protected, but on the rare occasion there are issues, we will do our best to make it right. More information here.